Saturday, July 19, 2008

Proud



I am proud of myself.

Today, I did something that I would never imagine me doing for a long long time, and that is to sew a button.

It's actually a front button of one of my favorite shirt, which came off dunno when.
So I'd just removed a button from one of the four pockets and stitched it onto the place, just a small lil' achievement that doesn't seem like something worth boosting about.

But that's not the case, because in doing this I've found out that those stitching classes i had in all those "household learning" (what are those classes called edy ar in Malay, I can't seem to remember after all these years - pendidikan jasmani?!? eh that's PE cls rite..) I had while in secondary school form 1/2/3, those knowledge I once deemed USELESS had actually been useful in this particular.

Hence that is why I am proud of myself.
Not because of succeeding in fixing a missing button;
But because I still remembered how to do my stitching.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



btw let me introduce you to Jungle Green (J.G).

J.G is what we Cadetians used to call it, because it is green in colour, and basically it's a jungle combat outfit.
It was once one of my uniform in my cadet haydays.

It's a proud thing for a cadet to receive his first J.G, it's such a big occasion that it's actually worth celebrating for.
You won't naturally get a J.G.
You need to EARN it. Through tests, exams and promotions, you will need to get to a certain "grade" to earn your J.G.
I got mine while i was in Form 3, the 3rd year I joined the cadet police force.

My J.G has been with me for almost 7 years now, and it has been through thick and thin with me.

I've jumped off a 5 floor building while wearing it.
Ran 20KMs while wearing it.
Swimed through rivers and mud while wearing it.
Climbed a mountain while wearing it.
Got lost in a jungle while wearing it.
Shot a M16 rifle while wearing it.
Slept in it. (after 7 years, it would be very weird if i hadn't slept in it ^^")
Performed in a live drama while wearing it. (acting as a "special armed forces" obviously XD)
Electricuted countless ladies while wearing it. (HaHaHa very funny but it's true XP)
Learned many things as a junor cadet while wearing it.
Taught and tortured fellow juniors as a senior cadet while wearing it.
Taught my last proper class as a cadet officer while wearing it.

In a summary, I've sweat , bleed, laughed and cried in my J.G.

After all these years, I still have the honour to fix your button.
J.G, I'm really proud of you, and I think you would be proud of me too.


*Now my J.G is just for casual wear, I still would wear it out for lectures, for shopping and stuffs...*

5 comments:

shengnan said...

Kemahiran Hidup lar dear......

Bryan said...

Ohhh.... yalo yalo 4got jor tim >"<
tq for reminding me XD ahahah

YuuEne said...

wahaha, sewing is not very hard la. but congrats for remembering how to sew.. for a guy :p

Bryan said...

LOLX yeah pls bear in mind that i'm a guy k...
it's not often that u see a guy do sewing XD

khaiyuen said...

Maybe people like you who take the uniform home, are making people like me short of it. =.=

anyway, that's really a great memory for me.